Man, what a wretched news day! Republicans endlessly raving about Benghazi, the Petraeus mess getting the Celebrity News treatment, and a million phoned-in columns on the fiscal-you-know-what (which I’m calling the “fiscal staircase, while others prefer the “austerity bomb”). Ugh. It wasn’t easy to find you some lunch-time treats, but here you go:
* Pelosi not going anywhere, and why should she?
* Oh dear God: people are beginning to “notice” Jill Kelley looks somewhat like Kim K. I hope she’s never had a picture taken of her in a bathing suit, or less.
* The show that never ends: nearly a thousand uncounted ballots found in warehouse in Broward County, Florida.
* Wonkblog’s Sarah Kliff notes state revolt against Obamacare Medicaid expansion is leading administration to go easier on Medicaid cuts in budget negotiations.
* Meyerson notes white men are now a minority in House Democratic Caucus.
And in non-political news:
* Furor in Miami as Marlins dump stars in fire-sale trade with Toronto Blue Jays.
Back after POTUS’ press conference.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.