Throat’s raw from trying to hit high notes at choir practice last night, so attribute any sudden lapses in posting to coughing fits. Here’s what I’ve got in the way of mid-day nutrition:
* John Cornyn, now the number two leader in the Senate Republican Caucus, casually spreads dumb U.N. conspiracy theory about Arms Trade Treaty. Yeah, sure, GOPers have learned their election lesson.
* Rep. George Miller (D-CA) introducing voting rights legislation that’s big improvement over post-2000 HAVA.
* Economist notes that divergence between House results and House popular vote historically very high.
* Down in Georgia, State Senate’s ruling Republicans get extensive briefing on evil plans of Agenda 21 conspirators. Evil plans include “public-private partnerships,” obviously socialistic.
* CBS confirms Susan Rice’s CIA talking points for Sunday Show appearance called events leading to killings of Americans the product of “spontaneous demonstrations.”
* Israel-Hamas battle escalating rapidly.
And in non-political news:
* Handy list of 10 items parents should not pack in lunch-boxes. No mention of cigarettes or pork rinds.
Back after I try to figure out if readers are actually ready to think about a struggle-for-the-soul-of-the-Democratic-Party. Early returns were not positive.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.