Yesterday’s failed experiment at a holiday treat to take home to family in Georgia is today’s rich chocolatey indulgence. Yum. Here are some mid-day treats for you guys, from another sparse post-election news day:
* Allen West’s defeat due to be officially certified tomorrow. But why should he suddenly care about reality?
* 3,000th or so conservative column on California as symbol of Greecification of America.
* Meanwhile, new long-range study confirms California tops nation in state government innovation.
* Nate Cohn pours cold water on “Blue Texas” hopes (at least in the short term).
* At The Atlantic, Robert Wright offer a timeline of the escalation of the Israel-Hamas military conflict.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Dictionary.com’s “word of the year” is “bluster.” Yeah, there was plenty of that according to both definitions of the term.
Back after some quick chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.