The guest bloggers made today a whole lot easier. Because they supplied so much content, I put off my posts on the GOP, and am officially declaring tomorrow “Whither the Republicans?” Day at Political Animal. Should be more fun than a barrel of tea.
But here are some leftover political items for today:
* Reid pledges filibuster reform drive in next Congress. Attaboy, Harry.
* Addendum to all the good electoral news on marriage equality: FAMiLy Leader’s drive to purge another Iowa Supreme Court Justice involved in same-sex marriage decision failed yesterday.
* Summarizing social progress reflected in last night’s returns, The Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates concludes with this headline: “Hippies Wander Into Lion’s Den, Maul Lions.”
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein notes that prediction models based on “the fundamentals” did as well as horse-race polls last night.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports that for-profit colleges took a beating in the stock market on news that Obama had been re-elected.
And in non-political news, such as it is:
* Post-Sandy psychological distress just beginning.
And now, as a tribute to former presidential candidate Mitt Romney, here’s the Bee Gees, in their pre-disco form, performing “Massachusetts” on Top of the Pops in 1967:
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.