It’s WaMo’s great friend Blue Girl’s birthday today, and to celebrate it, I recommend you check out the Facebook page she maintains for us, among her other contributions.
In news remainders of the day:
* Pelosi rejects Medicare eligibility age increase as part of fiscal deal.
* Nice work if you can get it: Dick Armey receives reported $8 million severance package upon leaving FreedomWorks in a huff. No wonder conservatives think pensions are unnecessary.
* Rush whines about demonization of “perfectly legal” tax loopholes as loopholes.
* At Ten Miles Square, Austin Frakt argues that any measure that doesn’t increase the efficiency of Medicare or of the health care system should not be called a “reform.”
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer mocks Bill O’Reilly’s suggestion of affirmative action hiring policies for conservative academics.
And in non-political news:
* Michelob, Michelob Light, Bud Select, Milwaukee’s Best, Old Milwaukee, and MGD are all beers whose U.S. sales have dropped more than 50% since 2006.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.