Often when I’m in New Orleans I stay indoors during the day to avoid the insane heat. This time it’s just blogging. Here are some final items from the day’s news:
* Hagel reported to be current front-runner for Pentagon.
* Greg Sargent wonders if Republicans even care about public opinion.
* Leahy pressing for clarification on administration’s intentions towards states legalizing pot.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein explains why district-based electoral college schemes aren’t going anywhere.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports on Texas Tech professor who is suing school for denying him tenure because of his opposition to tenure. Rough justice….
And in non-political news:
* Ali G. is back!
Back tomorrow for one more day of bloggy goodness before my week off.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.