Having eased back into regular blogging, I’ll try to begin doing some year-end reflections from here on through Monday. Here’s what we’ve got in the way of today’s leftovers:
* Bizarre David Gregory/DC gun law violation saga continues; NBC says Gregory is on vacation and was already scheduled to miss this Sunday’s MTP before the weirdness broke out.
* Reid reiterates unwillingness to bring big fiscal legislation to Senate floor unless House is on board.
* Geithner indicates Treasury will be able to hold off debt limit crisis for another two months.
* At Ten Miles Square, Andrew Cherlin reports on failure of the Bush-era-initiated “healthy marriage” initiative.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes soaring cost of college still biggest reason the poor are struggling to get degrees.
And in non-political news:
* UK authorities join CDC in using inquiries about Zombie Apocalypse Plan to improve public understanding of emergency preparedness.
Personally, I’m more worried about how to prevent a Washington Monthly Apocalypse. Please help keep the worst from happening by making your donation today.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.