After rainy, foggy week, it’s a beautiful day on the Central Coast; the storms have at least temporarily dispersed the ugly brown line of kelp that sometimes spoils the long blue view (but nourishes the fishes, I’m told, and it was their ocean first!). Here are some mid-day news morsels of note:
* L.A. Times posts its front page from December 7, 1941. And yes, it features the word “Japs.”
* PPP survey shows Georgia Republicans split right down the middle on desire to secede from United States.
* “Bloodbath” of layoffs will reportedly be announced today at Newsweek.
* At TNR, Noreen Malone pens profile of Kelly Ayotte, Joe Lieberman’s apparent successor in the “Three Amigos.”
* At TAP, Brooke Jarvis reports on formal advent of same-sex marriage in Washington State.
And in non-political news:
* State of Florida has announced Python Hunt in Everglades for January, with prizes! No thanks. And Chelsea Handler will have fun with this one.
Back after some chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.