Thinking about heading either to Acme Oyster House for a shrimp po-boy, or over to Napolean House for the muffuletta (yes, yes, I know Central Grocery is where you are supposed to go for that, but can’t get a sazerac there!). There are better and trendier places to eat in Nawlins, but it’s been a while since I was here, so visits to the Iconics come first.
In any event, here are some mid-day treats for your own consumption:
* New Pew survey latest to show Obama/Democrats with significant advantage on most fiscal-talks topics, especially taxes.
* Kim Jong Un—a.k.a. “The Sexiest Man Alive”—winning Time’s Person of the Year reader poll.
* Dana Milbank throws pity-party for Joe Lieberman’s “sad” farewell from the Senate.
* TNR’s Nate Cohn positively handicaps potential Corey Booker run against Chris Christie.
* TPM’s Ryan Reilly reports former Rep. Duke Cunningham of California released from prison into a halfway house right here in New Orleans.
And in nonpolitical news:
* Baba Wawa names David Petraeus “Most Fascinating Person of 2012,” making it clear his extracurriculars were the reason for the “honor.”
Back after a savory bite.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.