Still only sporadic details about the massacre in Connecticut. So as we await more news, here are some distractions:
* Kevin Drum makes the case that the administration’s strange handling of the Rice withdrawal reflected the desire to give GOPers a “scalp” so future nominations might go more easily.
* For now, Obama using the “not a priority” dodge to deal with questions about federal prosecution of legal pot smokers in Colorado and Washington.
* ProPublica reports Crossroads GPS promised IRS its election activities would be “limited.” Yeah, “limited” to at least $70 million.
* Seth Michaels has nice complilation of Boehner/McConnell lies about the debt limit.
* At TNR, Matt Katz reports on local antagonism to Newark Mayor Corey Booker and his big ambitions.
And in non-political news:
* At the New Yorker, Paul Simms imagines what the comment thread would have been like had God done a blog post on the Creation.
Back after a switch in blogging venue.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.