It’s been a long day full of time-consuming distractions. Here’s what I’ve got in the way of leftovers and late news:
* Like Odysseus lashed to the mast, Boehner vows he will no longer listen to Siren Song offering one-on-one negotiations with the president.
* Christie joins other northeastern GOPers in blasting their party’s House Caucus for its Sandy Funding Fail.
* Reid announces extended-first-day-of-session gambit to delay deadline for filibuster reform.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein criticizes the standard liberal and conservative takes on the enactment of Obamacare.
* At College Guide, Richard Vedder questions the value of U.S. college-based research.
And in non-political news:
* Kobe Bryant calls his Lakers an “old damn team.”
I can relate, Kobe. Seeing that “2013” at the top of the newspapers and web sites makes me feel damn old, too.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.