Want to know why I don’t watch political TV much? Things like discovering that listening to Michelle Malkin is even more unpleasant than reading her.
Here are some remains of the political day:
* Ted Cruz opens up the oppo research bag on Chuck Hagel and pulls out a video of the Defense Secretary nominee appearing on—gasp!—Al Jazeera.
* Salon’s Steve Koracki thinks it’s time Democrats take seriously the possibility that Sen. Bob Menendez could be in real trouble.
* TAP’s Abby Rapoport notes state-level Republicans did pretty well in 2012—even as they continued to move hard right.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket reports Obama field effort effective in 2012, but didn’t add as much value as it did in ‘08.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports on Western Oklahoma State College’s decision to shut down online courses that had become magnet for college athletes looking for easy credits.
And in non-political news:
* Puppy Bowl preview! Might want to bookmark in case that football game is a blowout.
In closing today, here’s another cut from Living Colour, covering “Final Solution” in 1990. Some serious rocking.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.