Sorry for the brief blogging hiatus before the last post, but I had to have a long conversation with other WaMo folk about an upcoming issue of the magazine. I think you’ll be pleased with some of the ideas we are kicking around if they reach fruition.
Here are some mid-day news items:
* Hugo Chavez reportedly in an induced coma in Cuban hospital due to complications from recent cancer surgery.
* Chastened Boehner promises to move Sandy relief and recovery funding bill this month.
* And speaking of Boehner, Politico reacts to reports he dropped F-Bomb on Harry Reid by serving up photo gallery of other pols who did same.
* Robert Samuelson pitches hissy-fit over Obama’s failure to include “entitlement reform” in “cliff” legislation. Cheer up, Robert: you can now keep writing that same column indefinitely!
* News of Hillary Clinton’s health condition mostly positive.
And in non-political news:
* Fun—and sometimes scary—photos from yesterday’s college football bowl games.
Back in a couple of jiffies.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.