Running late because I got suckered into paying attention to the painfully slow House Speaker election. Here’s some slightly tardy mid-day news bites:
* Obama signs defense reauthorization bill despite earlier veto threats over language restricting power to close Gitmo.
* HRC reiterates intention to testify on Benghazi pseudo-scandal.
* TAP’s Abby Rapoport looks ahead to state actions on same-sex marriage in 2013.
* Biggest hangup in action on filibuster reform is resistance among some Senate Dems to imposing it via the “constitutional option” rather than a deal with Republicans.
And in non-political news:
* Study shows 1 in 24 American adults admit they recently fell asleep at the wheel. Drive defensively, folks.
Back in a few.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.