The people whose long Xmas break I’ve been envying are generally returning to work today. Welcome back. Here are some mid-day news treats for everybody:
* Obama formally nominates both Chuck Hagel and CIA-director-designee John Brennan at same White House ceremony. Joint packaging looks like bid for “bipartisanship” street creed.
* Digby raises the right questions about Chuck Hagel.
* Fascinating analysis by New York Times’ David Carr on how Old Media’s “dancing dinosaurs” are surviving and even thriving.
* Pelosi joins Hill Democratic figures urging Obama to reconsider rejection of “constitutional option” to get around congressional approval of debt limit increase.
* Dave Weigel examines Paul Ryan’s very low profile after the election.
And in non-political news:
* Vegas line on BCS championship game tonight is settling in at Bama by 9.5 points.
Back after a light snack.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.