If I haven’t grossed you out with the last post discussing such phenomena as….Congress: here are some mid-day news nuggets:
* Buzzfeed’s Andrew Kaczynski digs up Chuck Hagel’s 1996-vintage extremist position on abortion. We can expect a lot of this sort of thing going forward.
* Despite Jennifer Rubin’s campaign to convince us Chuck Hagel is an anti-semite who wants to wipe Israel off the map, AIPAC has decided to “sit out” fight over his confirmation.
* Interesting tidbit: AIPAC’s spox is now Marshall Wittmann, the legendary Moose, who has had more political affiliations than John C. Calhoun.
* It didn’t entirely escape notice that Obama’s nominees for State, Defense and CIA were all white men.
* Charles Emmerson makes case at Foreign Policy that world in 2013 eerily similar to world in 1913. True, the Czar and the Kaiser have been restless of late, and the Entente is irresolute.
And in non-political news:
* Wildfires spread in Australia as peak temperatures reach 113 Fahrenheit. Nope, still no global climate change.
Back after some chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.