Running a little late today thanks to preoccupation with the new issue of the magazine, but here are some mid-day news snacks:
* Paul Krugman offers his take on the self-styled “problem solvers.”
* Here’s full WaPo account of Obama’s press conference this morning.
* TNR’s Jonathan Cohn provides insights on Obama’s debt limit strategy now that platinum coins and the “14th Amendment option” are firmly off the table.
* Conservative columnist Matt Lewis pursues “corporate cronyism” argument about administration’s budding alliance on guns with Wal-Mart.
* Napolitano to stick around as Secretary of DHS, one of the more thankless jobs in the federal government.
* At TAP, Scott Lemieux sums up the liberal case against John Brennan’s nomination to head up CIA.
And in sorta kinda non-political news:
* Andrew Sullivan goes after Jody Foster’s “narcissistic and self-loving” Golden Globe speech with a ball-peen hammer.
Back to blogging within the hour.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.