Still plan some posts on other articles in the latest issue of the Monthly. But you should get ahead of me by reading them yourself!
In the meantime, here are some mid-day morsels:
* Schumer endorses Hagel, indicating support from strongly pro-Israel Democrats; Boxer probably next after Hagel apologizes for “Jewish Lobby” comment.
* Salon’s Kornacki profiles Democratic enablers of NRA on gun policy—particularly Harry Reid.
* TAP’s Abby Rapoport notes five more states that will see an effort this year to legalize same-sex marriage.
* Amanda Marcotte reports on SBA List’s efforts to teach anti-choice pols how to talk about rape.
* Dave Weigel reports Club for Growth’s efforts to stop or offset Sandy funding in House not getting much traction.
And in non-political news:
* Wal-Mart to make pledge to give job to any veteran asking for one within a year of leaving active duty.
Back after a few bites.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.