Afraid I’ve been battling the same cold or flu that’s hit so much of the country. So if I begin blogging a bit later in the morning this week it’s probably because I’m emerging from a NyQuil-induced sleep torpor into a DayQuil-sustained conscious haze. Ryan Cooper’s on call to take over PA temporarily if I’m suddenly incapacitated.
Anyway, here are some mid-day news-and-views bites:
* At The Corner, Roger Kimball compares Obama’s inaugural address to Chamberlain’s Munich number. But wait, Roger: If Obama’s Chamberlain, he can’t be Hitler, too, can he?
* Speaking of which: Ohio State Board of Education president Debe Terhar defends using photo of Hitler to illustrate her Facebook post objecting to Obama’s gun proposals.
* Second amendment absolutists encouraging New Yorkers to defy new law requiring registration of assault weapons, and basically say “Come and get us, coppers!”
* Some who were pleased by Obama climate change remarks in inaugural address say commitment will be tested by his decision on Keystone XL.
And in non-political news:
* Big bad winter storm may be in store for midwest and northeast by week’s end.
Back after a medication break.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.