Tomorrow night, God help me, I’ll be live-blogging the SOTU, when I could have been at my church participating in the Protestant version of Mardi Gras: Pancakes and Karaoke!
While you envision that scenario, here are some day-end items to feast upon:
* National Journal’s Ben Terris reflects on the congressional obsession of securing a SOTU aisle seat.
* Oh brother: Wingnut Rep. Steve Stockman gives SOTU gallery ticket to Ted Nugent.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys calls for honest discussion about capacities of superannuated pols.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer defends the educational value of higher math.
And in non-political news:
* New Orleans braves crazy weather for Mardi Gras.
To end this day, here’s more Tom Lehrer, this time mocking not-so-brave folksingers.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.