Profound regrets for the website issues we’ve had today. Believe me, no one is more frustrated than I am (for one thing, I’m having to recreate this post having lost it during one of the crashes). I have been assured a permanent fix is within sight. Please bear with us.
In the meantime, here are some warmed-over lunchtime goodies:
* A Des Moines Register poll shows Ag Secretary Tom Vilsack as the only Iowa pol with majority support to run for the Senate (not that he’s shown any indication of candidacy).
* A Quinnipiac poll the latest to show HRC as America’s most popular politician, with a 64/31 approval ratio.
* Jesse Jackson, Jr., signs plea deal that will give judge power to decide if he does time.
* Krugman responds to Boenher’s complaint about “can being kicked down road” on spending by profoundly hoping it continues to be kicked for the sake of the economy.
* Ricks gives 50/50 odds Hagel withdraws from Pentagon nomination. Ouch.
And in non-political news:
* Metro DC again wins top prize for traffic congestion, with LA, SF, NY and Boston rounding out top five.
Back when website stability allows.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.