Today’s political news slowed to a crawl, but then there was this:
* Hugo Chavez dies in Caracas at 58.
Here are some other remainders of the day:
* It’s election day in L.A.; here’s a preview of the mayor’s contest, which will almost certainly go to a runoff.
* Cillizza discusses need for a “Sister Souljah Moment” in the GOP, and notes it matters a great deal who provides it.
* At Ten Miles Square, Austin Frakt reports research on corporate “wellness” programs doesn’t indicate significant cost savings.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues against proposition that college or college loan costs represent a “bubble.”
To close the day, here’s Rick Wakeman again with another cut from Six Wives of Henry VIII, “Anne Boleyn,” performed in 1993.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.