The news isn’t terribly varied today, but at least it’s abundant: six thousand takes on the sequester, only about half of which are as dumb as the sequester itself!
In any event, here are some mid-day morsels:
* Sequester summit at White House this morning “accomplished next to nothing,” says Politico’s Jake Sherman.
* BUT Obama did signal he would not use threat of government shutdown as leverage for sequester reversal.
* Mann & Ornstein slap down “five myths about the sequester.”
* 172 of 199 House Democrats, and 40 of 55 Senate Democrats, sign amicus brief urging Supreme Court to strike down Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
* Brown and Vitter working on bipartisan bill to break up big banks. Seriously.
And in non-political news:
* Big Bang Theory star in hot water for Twitterdorsement of Dish Network product; her network is in huge legal fight with Dish.
Back after major furniture-moving chore.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.