Stretch of beautiful weather on the Central Coast about to end, but no complaints here so many miles from Storm Saturn. Here are some mid-day news/view bites:
* House GOP continuing resolution contains provision killing funding for ACORN, which no longer exists. Sort of a metaphor for the big picture, eh?
* Same bill mandates continued Saturday delivery of mail, over protest of Postmaster General.
* Frank Rich offers his own comprehensive assessment of GOP “rebranding” efforts.
* TNR’s John Judis compares populist resurgence in Europe and U.S.
* At TAP, Harold Meyerson assesses Jerry Brown’s second political career in light of his first.
And in non-political news:
* Study shows Canadians bucking global trend towards less hooch consumption.
Back after some domestic chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.