Lawyers, Guns & Money’s Scott Lemieux informs me via Twitter that Brooklyn hipsters like Yes now! Who knew? What a relief!
Here are some Monday mid-day news/views treats for your consumption:
* Breitbart’s Shapiro raises the alarm: Boehner abandoning Hastert Rule! Stop him! Stop him!
* No surprise in WaPo report by Michael Fletcher, but point worth repeating when considering increase in retirement age: lengthened lifespans mostly among wealthier folk.
* NYC ban on super-sized sugary drinks due to go into effect tomorrow.
* Also tomorrow, president expected to nominate Justice Department’s civil rights division chief as Secretary of Labor. Suzy Khimm offers useful profile, including grounds on which Republicans may go after him.
* Beinart argues Jeb is toast as a presidential candidate even without his immigration flip-flopping, unless he can find way to flip-flop his last name or denounce his own brother.
And in non-political news:
* Perils of the revival tour: Motley Crue frontman rushed from stage to hospital with kidney stones.
Back in a few.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.