This is a day when slower news-reactors are writing about the Ryan Budget, and us speed demons are realizing we missed a thing or two. Sic transit media, I suppose.
Here are some mid-day treats:
* Lotta hilarity about an advisory guide on appropriate apparel for CPAC attendees.
* Florida’s Lite Governor, Jennifer Carroll, resigns amidst federal racketeering investigation of company with which she was closely involved. Can you say plea bargain?
* Breitbartians declare war on Politico and Buzzfeed. This could get wild.
* Any day Peggy Noonan is focusing on the papal election is a day when she’s not writing about American politics. Saints be praised!
* Maximum Kabuki: Obama meeting with House Republicans today; anyone expecting a breakthrough clearly believes in miracles and/or conspiracies.
And in non-political news:
* College basketball gearing up for March Madness; now’s the juncture where obscure schools winning one-and-out tournament slots.
Back after a pharmacy run.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.