Blogging from a car creeping between two outposts of Atlanta exurbia where clearly the U.N. Agenda 21 conspiracy for “planning” has never taken hold.
Here are some mid-day samplings of news and views:
* Aside from the business community’s desire for a class of indentured servants, Pew offers another reason for persistent GOP interest in “guest worker” program: sizable gap between Americans rejecting deportation of the undocumented, and those supporting citizenship.
* If Democratic senators rapidly coming around to support for marriage equallity, Republican Lisa Murkowski allows as how her views are “evolving.”
* Obama quotes overwhelming support in polls for background checks in urging Senate not to “get squishy” on gun legislation.
* Turns out Adam Lanza fired 154 bullets in less than five minutes at Newtown. Yep, that’s the kind of firepower every homeowner needs to take down a burglar.
* At TNR, Molly Redden argues state abortion clinic licensing requirements could have more enduring impact than more direct efforts to enact early-pregnancy abortion bans.
And in non-political news:
* Is nothing sacred? California Chick-Fil-A franchise gives dozens of free food coupons to marriage equality protesters.
Back after traffic allows a stop.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.