I’m co-facilitating a church history class this afternoon, so I’ll make this brisk:
* All sorts of crazy rumors of imminent arrests in connection with the Boston bombings. I’ll wait for official confirmations.
* Cloture on Manchin-Toomey fails with only 54 votes. Long article in The Hill does not contain the words “filibuster” or “cloture,” instead just saying the bill was “defeated.”
* Salon’s Irin Carmon publishes a definitive rebuttal of the “liberal media conspiracy” meme on Gosnell case.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein provides pre-buttal to emerging meme (one we’ve heard before) that incumbent presidents can’t much lose re-election bids.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes that while there may be a lot of liberals in academia, it’s quite easy to be too liberal to land a job.
And in non-political news:
* Budweiser not getting good reaction to its new “bow-tie shaped” can, aimed, of course, at the almighty young adult market.
To end the day, here’s another clip from Mad Dogs & Englishmen, as Cocker and company perform “She Came In Through the Bathroom Window.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.