When you start the week with little or no actual news but plenty of snarling, it kinda makes you want a nature break. I’m thinking about heading to the Monterey Bay to watch the baby seals.
Here are some mid-day news/views bites with varying levels of crispiness:
* Glenn Beck still flogging “Saudi National” angle on Boston bombings.
* The Atlantic’s Conor Friedersdorf argues second wind for GWOT hawks shouldn’t obscure fact that their prescriptions have all pretty much proved to be disastrous.
* Sequestration furloughs beginning to kick in: viz. fact that 80% of OMB staffers out today.
* At TNR, Jeffrey Rosen deplores Obama administration’s past and present undermining of Miranda protections.
* Senate immigration hearing off to fine start as Schumer and Grassey get into shouting match over relevance of Boston bombings.
And in non-political news:
* Sporting News rates Ryan Leaf biggest NFL Draft bust of them all.
Back after my baby seal break.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.