I’ve been working on a fairly elaborate post about the whole Plan B emergency contraception issue, and have gotten a bit behind the curve in posting, but I should catch up at the cost of my own lunch break. But here are some snacks for you:
* To no one’s surprise, president nominates Penny Pritzker as Secretary of Commerce and Michael Froman as U.S. Trade Representative.
* Even as Hill Republicans mull various tax and spending schemes as hostages for debt limit increase, Club for Growth and Heritage unite to demand “path to balanced budget.” This bears close watching.
* New conservative legal challenge to Obamacare aims at “discriminatory” effects of insurance purchasing subsides. This, too, bears close watching.
* Gail Collins chronicles last stand for Mark Sanford, the “Luv Guv.”
* Slate serially publishing riveting memoir by Gitmo detainee.
And in non-political news:
* Reese Witherspoon comes clean on GMA about Atlanta bust.
Back in a very short while.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.