Something about today’s chatter has me anticipating Happy Hour rather than thinking about food. As you munch these hors d’oeurvres, help me figure it out:
* Politico dives deep into the “Howard Kurtz saga.” Best quote from “source:” “He’s like the Dick Morris of media critics — just shoddy and out of the game.”
* Peggy Noonan drinks deeply from the bottomless cup of her Reagan elixir, blasting Obama for failing to work with GOPers like Ronnie worked with Tip.
* Weekly Standard’s Stephen Hayes takes the full plunge into the latest intelligence on the infinitely important subject of the Obama administration’s “talking points” on Benghazi! Benghazi!
* Justice Clarence Thomas takes a Big Gulp of the “plantation” meme by arguing that Obama became president because “elites” decided he sounded like a black man ought to sound.
* New York Times’ Binyamin Applebaum invites us to drown our sorrows in long-term data on job growth.
And in non-political news:
* People offers sage advice on choosing the right hat for tomorrow’s hoochaganza, the Kentucky Derby.
Back after a brief break, and no, I won’t imbibe until the sun is below the yardarm.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.