I’ve been watching Martin O’Malley from a reasonably close vantage point for a long time. But I learned a lot about him in Haley Sweetland Edwards’ profile of the Maryland governor and his work in the May/June issue of the Washington Monthly. More about that later.
* Obama to launch new “jobs tour,” which shows White House is indeed paying attention to polls.
* Jonathan Chait clearly not enchanted with T-Mac/Cooch matchup in Virginia.
* Latvia the new favorite country of austerity fans.
* Social networks still a powerful force in job discrimination against African-Americans.
And in non-political news:
* Uh-oh: YouTube moving towards “subscription” paywall, but only for content providers who want one.
Back within an hour.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.