I’m declaring it “Satisfaction Day” at PA in honor of the 48th anniversary of the composition of that tune, and will post a few alternative versions during the rest of the day. And here are some mid-day snacks of news and views:
* Big news from Louisiana: State Supreme Court declares Bobby Jindal’s school voucher program (or at least its use of funds diverted from public schools) unconstitutional.
* Internet sales tax bill bogs down in House after Senate passage. Rehearsal for immigration bill?
* More adventures in “rebranding:” Illinois GOP chairman pushed out of job for “personal” support of marriage equality.
* Progressives United coalition announces temporary boycott of ads on Facebook after rejection of ad criticizing Mark Zuckerberg’s support for Keystone XL Pipeline.
* Chris Christie’s lap-band surgery disclosed; a little easier than Huck’s diet-and-exercise regime.
And in non-political news:
* Tim Tebow, who just lost his gig as the #3 quarterback for the New York Jets, rated “most influential American athlete” by Forbes.
Back after some moonlighting.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.