Checked my bank account, and no, I won’t be traveling to Australia or South Pacific to watch solar eclipse. Actually didn’t have to check, but fun to pretend there was ever a possibility.
Here are some mid-day news/views morsels, piping hot:
* This actually isn’t a new idea (it was a reality in some states in the 19th century), but discussion in New York of non-citizen voting will become big talking point for immigration reform opponents, I betcha.
* Politico testing metered subscription system for access to its content in six states and overseas. Guess those expensive print ads by lobbying firms aren’t paying the freight any more.
* Obama allegedly taking “jobs tour” to Texas to make Ted Cruz the face of the extremist opposition.
* Greg Sargent explores how many conservative changes the Gang of Eight immigration bill can take on without blowing up the whole coalition.
* At TAP, Gershom Gorenberg rebuts idea Israel trying to push U.S. into Syria intervention.
And in sorta non-political news:
* PPP survey finds that Republicans, Democrats and independents all pretty much equally dislike Justin Bieber.
Back after an actual lunch break.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.