Can’t shake feeling that I’ve entered a time machine and plunged back into Clinton’s second term. That makes me frightened about the next presidential election.
Here are some mid-day news/views treats:
* All us old folks have senior moments now and then, but Dick Cheney’s assertion that Benghazi! was “one of the worst incidents I can recall” indicates the former Veep’s memory no longer includes most of his own administration.
* On significantly stronger ground, Nancy Pelosi suggests John Boehner would be called the “weakest Speaker in history” if he were a woman. Before long, she might be able to eliminate the qualifier.
* Ooops: Republican Hispanic Outreach Director for Florida switches parties, citing GOP’s “culture of intolerance.”
* Speaking of Florida, North Miami mayoral candidate boasts of endorsement by Jesus Christ.
* At TAP, Paul Waldman and Jamelle Bouie sarcastically http://prospect.org/article/ringside-seat-taxghazidub new dual “scandal” TaxGhazi.
And in non-political news:
* Georgia man finds 1943 recipe he claims to be the secret Coca-Cola formula.
Back after a caffeine break and news search.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.