I’ve gotten away from my original intention to show a video or two in honor of the late Ray Mazarek, but our friend Kathleen Geier notes on Twitter that aside from Ray’s well-known work with The Doors, he recorded and produced with a lot of other great acts, including the iconic LA punk band X (note the keyboard playing):
With that musical appetizer, here are some mid-day news/views main courses:
* Charlie Cook weighs in on side of those who believe GOP’s Scandalmania ‘13 will wind up backfiring.
* Michele Bachmann informs James Dobson on his radio show that God Almighty is going to intervene to push Obamacare repeal through Democratic-controlled Senate. That could be an all-time-high (or low) in “God Is a Republican” meme.
* Yet another new poll, from Pew, shows public levels of interest—and concentration of concerns among partisans from opposing party—in IRS and AP “scandals” similar to those in U.S. Attorney, Libby Scooter, and “Pardon-gate” affairs.
* Congressional Democrats introduce legislation to crack down on deceptive advertising by anti-choice “crisis pregnancy centers.”
* At TNR, Nicholas Lemann pens persuasive piece on where Michelle Rhee has recently led (or as he puts it, “misled”) the education reform movement.
And in non-political, non-tornado news:
* Jamie Dimon hangs onto dual roles as CEO and Chairman of JPMorgan Chase in shareholders’ vote.
Back after a nutrition break.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.