Couldn’t sleep last night, so I spent about an hour trolling for Daylight Videos. Feeling kind of 70s, I wanted to use Elvin Bishop’s “Struttin’ My Stuff” and Robert Palmer’s version of “Sailin’ Shoes,” but no luck on videos. Anybody with suggestions for the Daylight Video Vault is more than welcome to post ‘em in the comment thread below. In the meantime, I’ll try to avoid an unscheduled nap and serve up some mid-day treats:
* At Salon, Blake Zeff makes the case that Anthony Weiner has a slim chance of winning the New York City mayor’s race.
* TNR’s Alec MacGillis argues that Mayors Against Illegal Guns may eclipse NRA as political heavy in gun debate.
* Wonkblog’s Dylan Matthews shows rich getting richer in U.S., but not so much in other wealthy countries.
* After assessing House Republican opinion, Jamelle Bouie figures violation of Hastert Rule is likely the key to enactment of immigration bill.
* Whoa! PPP survey shows Alison Lundergan Grimes tied with Mitch McConnell in hypothetical 2014 matchup.
And in non-political news:
* Nike cuts final ties with Lance Armstrong.
Back after a bite or two of my own.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.