Pretty lively day for a late-Spring Friday, I’d say. But barring breaking news, I’m sure it will slow down to a near-snooze by the time Washingtonians clog the Interstates going to the ‘burbs. Don’t miss that one single bit.
Here are some mid-day snacks you might have missed when the food truck came by:
* One Democrat not happy with Michele Bachmann’s retirement: 2012 opponent Jim Graves, who suspends 2014 campaign, which would now have to go in very different direction.
* Krugman draws attention to the two million people who would lose SNAP (food stamp) eligibility under the House Ag Committee farm bill.
* TNR’s Jonathan Cohn reports good news on participation of insurers in the Obamacare federal health insurance exchanges that will operate in states refusing to set up their own.
* TAP’s Paul Waldman notes 33d anniversary of CNN.
And in non-political news:
* Giant asteroid passes Earth today. Heads up!
Speaking of space: Back after some brief moonlighting.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.