Violent storm front moving into midwest makes me grateful, once again, to live in a place with boringly placid weather.
Here are some mid-day news/views snacks from the truck:
* Cornyn Amendment to immigration bill finally unveiled, and Greg Sargent says it looks mighty poisonous.
* Apparently offering no proxies to Marco Rubio as representative of GOPers wanting to “toughen” immigration bill, Rand Paul indicates he’s preparing his own amendments.
* Josh Marshall compares different looks through the “Snowden Prism” to varying gut reactions to the OJ Simpson trial.
* Jennifer Rubin conflates personal favorability/unfavorability ratings with job approval ratings in order to claim W. more popular than Obama.
* Amanda Marcotte decries the use of “turnaways”—women denied abortions who ultimately embrace the child produced by unwanted pregnancy—to justify abortion bans.
And in kinda non-political news:
* Croatia, Dubai, Kazakhstan, Western Sahara, Bhutan, make list of 5 best countries with no U.S. extradition treaty.
Back within an hour.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.