Relieved to learn via Twitter that Rich Yeselson doesn’t mind my calling his labor movement strategy “neo-Fabian.” Them’s fighting words in some circles.
Here are some mid-day news/views morsels, some potentially heartburn-inducing:
* Charles Pierce notes explosion at un-inspected petrochemical plant in Louisiana not exactly unexpected or unprecedented.
* Jeb Bush blows a pretty loud dog whistle at Faith & Freedom confab, urging support for “fertile,” pro-family immigrants.
* At same confab, Mark Sanford gets chilly reception. Wages of sin….
* Why do Republicans keep pushing anti-choice legislation? Case in point: Trent Franks raising serious national money as alleged “victim” of liberals criticizing his comments on rape and abortion.
* Peggy Noonan’s latest column wanders weepily from “surveillance state” to late-term abortion to old folks who don’t recognize their own country any more.
And in quasi-non-political news:
* It’s Ben Bernanke’s turn to send new signals in the endless guessing game between the Fed and investors on the future of monetary stimulus and interest rates.
Back after some chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.