As noted yesterday, I’ll be at Netroots Nation in San Jose tomorrow, which could make for some funky blog scheduling. But I’ll try to keep it interesting, with some help from my friends.
Here’s a basket of warm mid-day news/views treats:
* TNR Nate Cohn predicts Scandalmania ‘13 won’t have much staying power in affecting Obama’s approval ratings, particularly if the economy continues to improve.
* Lisa Murkowski explains shift to support for marriage equality.
* Allen West professes himself “open” to primary challenge to Marco Rubio in 2016.
* TPM’s Sahil Kapur usefully serves up some Mitch McConnell quotes on the “nuclear option” from 2005, when the shoe was on the other foot.
* Speaking of nuclear: WaPo’s Jennifer Rubin launches strike on Rand Paul for praising “traitor” Snowden.
And in non-political news:
Back after recharging various batteries.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.