We’ll be on “nuclear alert” overnight, in anticipation of the first blow against King Filibuster tomorrow morning.
In the meantime, here are some final items of this day:
* Legislation legalizing same-sex marriage clears U.K. House of Lords, making its enactment certain.
* Ezra Klein offers some new evidence for “asymmetric polarization.”
* Love this quote from Harry Reid today (via The Atlantic’s Molly Ball) when asked if he was open to more talks before pursuing the “nuclear option:” “Talks on what? Talks on what? Talks on what?”
* At Ten Miles Square, Ryan Cooper is not pleased by The View’s hiring of Jenny McCarthy. I mean, really not pleased.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses the Gates Foundation’s heavy-handed role in higher education reform.
And in non-political news:
* Typhoon Soulik wreaks havoc in China; 295 people killed or missing.
Here to close the day, one more time, is the great Marvin Gaye, performing “What Going On” in Amsterdam in 1971.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.