Took a late break to go watch a local pet parade. My favorite category: “Miscellaneous.”
Here are some final items of the day:
* Embattled San Diego mayor Bob Filner announces leave of absence to seek therapy in wake of burgeoning sexual harassment allegations.
* Big new Pew survey on NSA surveillance programs shows general drift towards greater civil liberties concerns and fewer partisan splits.
* NC governor to sign right-wing budget, abortion and voter-ID bills.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys examines risk of corporate oligarchy if marijuana fully legalized.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer predicts next big college crisis will be student shortages.
And in non-political news:
* Luanda tops list of world’s most expensive cities for expats.
That’s it for the day. Ryan Cooper will be handling Weekend Blogging duties.
To close this Jagger’s 70th Birthday, here’s my favorite song from the underrated 1973 album, Goat’s Head Soup.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.