Yeah, like I said last week, ruminating on questions about the South—or the Civil War—tends to screw up the posting schedule here. But I think it’s worth it.
Here are some mid-day news/views tidbits:
* A fresh call for a “sex boycott” in Texas aimed at men opposed to reproductive rights.
* Putin publicly warns Edward Snowden to stop leaking or leave Russia.
* Long-awaited EPA rules for new power plants released. Next up: rules for existing power plants, which will cause the most ruckus.
* Soledad O’Brien signs up as reporter for Al Jazeera America.
And in non-political news:
* Serena Williams latest high-seed casualty at Wimbledon.
Back after doing some chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.