Air went out of news day with Senate “deal” averting nuclear option. There’s no substitute for all-out partisan warfare.
But here are some mid-day hot links:
* The right-wing policy lab Art Pope’s running in NC not going over well with citizens, per PPP survey showing protestors against GOP agenda have higher approval rating than legislators.
* Another PPP poll has McAuliffe up 4 over Cuccinelli in VA governor’s race. Dem Lite Gov candidate Northam up 7 over Bishop Jackson.
* At TAP Jamelle Bouie dissects anti-immigration-reform rally by conservative Black American Leadership Alliance.
* At The Atlantic, Richard Florida points to study showing “Stand Your Ground” states have significantly higher percentage of successful self-defense pleas in shooting cases—particularly when shooter white and victim black.
* At Ten Miles Square, David Dagan suggests most remarkable thing about Trayvon Martin saga is that a young black man got shot to death and the country was forced to notice.
And in non-political news:
* Mexico ranks first among industrialized nations in average hours of work; U.S. seventh.
Back after a real lunch break.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.