I’ve just learned that the subject of (and chief performer in) our Daylight Video today, Abby Henderson, passed away this afternoon. RIP, and sympathies to her family and her many friends.
Here are today’s remainders:
* Medicaid expansion in Michigan in limbo as measure fails to receive required votes but is being reconsidered.
* Harold Ickes makes news just by strolling into a meeting of the Democratic National Committee’s Rules & Bylaws Committee. He’s a bull who carries his own china shop, that one.
* One place where there’s plenty of support for bombing Syria: the Weekly Standard.
* At Ten Miles Square, Mark Kleiman discusses the long path to reconciliation of federal and state marijuana laws.
And in sorta non-political news:
* California legislature close to approving bill to make “revenge porn”—unauthorized posting of nude or revealing images by unhappy or angry ex—a criminal offense.
That’s it for the day. Tomorrow we’ll commemorate the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington and deal with whatever the News Gods vouchsafe us.
To close the day, here’s a 1964 video of Glenn Gould playing selections from the Goldberg Variations. Never fails to send chills down my spine.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.