At the 50th anniversary commemoration of the March on Washington at the National Mall today, President Obama is due to speak at approximately 3:15 EDT. You can watch a live feed of the entire event on the WaPo webpage.
Here are some midday news and views snacks:
* After brief impasse, Michigan Senate approves Medicaid expansion with 12 Democratic and 8 Republican votes, likely clearing it for Rick Snyder’s signature.
* 68 House Republicans and 13 House Democrats (at this point) sign onto letter asking Obama to seek congressional authorization for any military strike against Syria.
* Arab League condemns Assad regime’s use of chemical weapons but stops short of supporting retaliatory military action.
* TAP’s Paul Waldman warns growing impeachment talk will soon produce litmus test for congressional Reublicans.
* WaPo’s Jonathan Capehart notes March on Washington anniversary producing large retrospective appreciation for Bayard Rustin.
And in non-political news:
* Naked Juice consumers eligible for up to $75 as result of PepsiCo’s settlement of class action suit alleging false advertising.
As we break for lunch, here’s Bob Dylan and Joan Baez performing “When the Ship Comes In” at the 1963 March on Washington:
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.