Getting ready for a quiet weekend of reading and writing (yeah, a real change of pace) and probably a bit of beer and football (of a detached nature, since it’s a bye week for Georgia).
Here are some final items of the day:
* Life imitates parody: had to read this three times to make sure it wasn’t from The Onion, but yes, John McCain will publish an op-ed critical of Vladimir Putin at Pravda.
* World turns: California legislature passes bill allowing undocumented to obtain driver’s licenses.
* Biden refers to conservatives who obstructed renewal of Violence Against Women’s Act as “this sort of Neanderthal crowd.” Harsh but fair.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jamie Malanowski proposes “Washington Arrows” as name for Our Nation’s Capital’s NFL team. I’d add that “Hail to the Arrows” works pretty well.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes college test cheating could be easily reduced by more essay testing.
And in non-political news:
* Bummer: chocolate prices due to spike as demand increases and butter supplies hoarded.
That’s it for the day and the week. Kathleen Geier will bring her fiery keyboard and broad-ranging interests to PA again this weekend. To close Friday the 13th, here’s “Friday the 13th” by Atomic Rooster from 1970. Stay safe and lucky.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.