Never thought I’d be posting on September 4 on everything but fiscal issues.
Here are some midday news/views snacks:
* Rumsfeld refers to Obama as “so-called commander-in-chief” in supporting use-of-force resolution. Thanks a lot, Rummy.
* Edsall argues Democratic coalition more “fragile” than Republican coalition.
* TNR’s Isaac Chotiner points out failure to “punish” Saddam’s use of chemical weapons against Iran did not lead to their widespread use by warmakers elsewhere.
* At TAP Paul Waldman analyzes federal-state GOP teamwork in obstructing implementation of Obamacare.
* Slate’s Weigel discusses Rand Paul’s possible effort to filibuster use-of-force resolution.
And in non-political news:
* Inquiring minds want to know: Has Jack Nicholson retired?
As I break for lunch and to run some errands, here’s some more Buck Owens, this time with none other than George Jones:
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.