Wonder if the Vegas bookies are taking odds on “Brilliant Peace Breakthrough Versus Rolled by Putin and Assad” for administration’s diplomatic manuevering on Syria. Amazing how confident some folk are in describing it as the latter.
* Wonkblog’s Brad Plumer reports debt ceiling breach will occur between October 18 and November 5.
* Primary balloting in New York bedeviled by 1960s-era voting machines.
* Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon may be on brink of successfully upholding veto of GOP tax cut bill.
* Update on Politico’s acquisition of a New York outlet.
* Celebrity consultant Mudcat Sanders backing Cuccinelli in VA Gov.’s race. His “populist” shtick got pretty old a while back.
And in non-political news:
* Apple unveils colorful iPhone 5c.
As I take a lunch-and-chore break, here’s Nirvana again with their famous video for “Heart-Shaped Box.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.